Tuesday, September 3, 2019

College Quilts are a labor of love

Anyone who knows me knows that sewing is not my forte. I would rather touch a gross dead fish more than sew a piece of clothing. However, with my skill set I can sew a relatively straight line, so blankets, stockings and aprons are all I've successfully made.



I made this tree skirt that my goofy daughter is wearing--from a panel and that even took me more than 10 years to get to! I once tried to make a maternity dress with a friend...she did more of the project than I did and the dress still fit 3 pregnant Tiffany's in it. No lie!



So....7 years ago when I made Kara a quilt that the whole family help tie together, I failed to consider that the other kids may want a college comforter from mom. ( can't find a picture of my first college comforter but here are the other 2.






Natalie leaves for college in 6 days and I just started her quilt today.





My big last labor of love for each kid has been their college comforter. I take the kids shopping to choose their material, I put it together (which takes a bit of sewing to start), then put on quilt frames Jim made for me (ions ago), and then we all tie it. I will post more about quilt making in a bit...stay tuned...if ya want...it's a sweet memory I have of my great grandma Wetzel. We make memories, as we share memories. It's how we find joy in the adventure of life.

1 comment:

  1. Hello sister Tiffany. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest.College. Your blog post on " Quilts are a labour of love" is worth going through.. I love getting connected with the peope of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Paastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. we reach out to the poorest ofpoor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your young kids who are in their late teens and above come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. My email My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete